Let’s make an easy old fashion broccoli cheddar soup recipes that will warm the soul with an American favorite vegetable.
Easy Old Fashion Broccoli Cheddar Soup Video
Why Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Everyone craves a great soup because it is comfort meal. Preparing soups provides so many health benefits because it is load with vegetables that are in abundance and fresh. Soups are popular here on the farmhouse in the Fall because it offers vegetables and slowly cooked to blend flavors to provide amazing health benefits.
I remember when I was a little girl my mother always prepare different soups for us kids to soothe a cough, runny nose or our first meal after fighting a stomach bug.
Preparing a huge pot of soup which with provide an inviting elixir for a hungry crowd after working or playing outdoors. When your day is busy; making a big pot of soup is easy and quick.
Soups are great for using up left overs or produces that is close to spoiling or rotting.
Broccoli is loaded with many health benefits such as antioxidants, vitamin C and will help fight cancer. Loaded with fiber, broccoli helps to eliminate estrogen form the body. Today, we are loaded with too much estrogen that we are exposed to in pesticides and herbicides. One way we can detox for estrogen overload is to eat plenty of vegetables that are sulfur based such as broccoli. Add some onions and garlic are you have a perfect soup.
Spices Used in Making this Old Fashion Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Nutmeg is a flavorful spice that I again use in a lot of fall and winter dishes. Containing antibacterial components to kill germs and boost health Nutmeg needs to be in your spice cabinet.
Cardamom is not a stranger in my kitchen; a spice that you will find in soups especially this broccoli cheddar soup. Using cardamom in my fall and winter cooking will stimulate the digestive system and keep your gut healthy.
Tips and to Making Easy Old Fashion Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Save the celery leaves from the bunch to add great flavor to any soup including this old fashion broccoli cheddar soup.
- Make your own homemade bone broth or vegetable broth for add nutrients and minerals.
- Grate your cheese for a pure, rich flavor.
- If you add too much salt your Old Fashion Broccoli Cheddar Soup; add a peeled, whole potato. Cook potato for thirty minutes and remove right before serving.
- Add cooked organic bacon or organic ham right before serving for a meaty broccoli cheddar soup.
- Soup only needs a stock pot or Dutch oven but, a slow cooker and/or instant pot can come in handy.
- Properly storing soups in freezer bags or bowls is an excellent way to preserve for future meals. Be sure to label your soup with date and contents. Soups can freeze up to three months.
- Make a big pot of Old Fashion Broccoli Cheddar Soup for dinner and serve leftovers for lunch.
Easy Old Fashion Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
I love soup especially in the Fall and Winter not sure why maybe it is because of the colder days and comfort of a warm bowl of something wonderful to eat! Now, I have been trying since my first taste of Panera Bread famous Broccoli Cheddar Soup and this is the BEST that I came up with, actually I think it is BETTER because all my ingredients or organic and raw! I experiment with my Instant Pot to speed up the dinner process and get dinner on the table in no time. My Instant Pot is a lifesaver for everyone in my family; it is a difference between getting a meal on the table or not!
If you do not own an Instant pot that is ok, you can make this delicious soup on the stove or in a slow cooker.
- 1/4 cup of grass fed butter
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic; chopped
- 1/4 cup all purpose organic flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of organic or raw milk
- One cup of shredded or chopped carrot
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 4 cups of fresh broccoli or frozen-If not in season I use frozen
- One Fourth teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Half teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces of grated Colby jack cheese
- Little of hot sauce to taste
First Sauté, onion and garlic in butter on you Sauté Feature of your Instant Pot, large pot or in crock pot ( you will have to read your user manual to learn feature on your instant pot or crock pot ). If you are using a large pot warm on medium high heat. Next, add carrots and celery until soft. Now all your desire flour and give a good stir!
Cancel your instant pot, place lid to seal and close valve. On my Instant Pot there is a “Soup” button which will cook soup for 10 minutes again check you manual if you are unsure. Finally, release pressure and remove lid.
If you are using crock pot; select your desire hours for cooking time.
If I prep in morning I cook slow for eight hours but, if you are pressed for time you can cook a minimum of four hours.
If you are preparing soup oven stove cook for thirty minutes on low heat.
Ladle in bowls , sprinkle addition cheese and serve with a salad and/or warm bread!
Things I use to Make this Easy Old Fashion Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe