The bathroom is the most frequently used room and today we are going to naturally clean the bathroom in 15 minutes.
Naturally Clean the Bathroom in 15 Minutes Video
The dreaded bathroom cleaning, if you are like me this is one area, I hate cleaning but, needs to be done! Before naturally cleaning the bathroom in 15 minutes take note, gather all your supplies. I have two bathrooms; one we use to shower and the other we do not however it is the main bathroom on the main floor of our home. This is not a deep clean of my bathroom; I do this about every other week.
Let’s challenge ourselves to clean my bathroom in 15 minutes.
Supplies Needed to Naturally Clean the Bathroom in 15 Minutes
Good tools and supplies are very important and worth the investment before beginning to naturally clean the bathroom in 15 minutes. Use a large bucket to coral everything you may need to clean your bathroom!
- Cleaning Cloths to clean mirrors, toilets, tub and sink
- Scrub Brush in a variety of sizes (old toothbrush is nice for small spaces)
- Vinegar is an ingredient I love cleaning for its antibacterial effects and it is a money saver. Vinegar is all natural and safe for my whole family. White Vinegar can clean just about everything from soap scum, surfaces, drains and a coffee maker. Vinegar inhibits the growth of mold, mildew and most bacteria.
- Castile Soap is great to use throughout the house because it is not only milder than many soaps, it is versatile and can tackle anything.
- Baking Soda is safe, deodorize, and neutralize and great for the environment. Using baking soda is awesome on cleaning caked on messes that are on pots/pans stoves, microwave, soap scum and unclogging drains. The benefits of baking soda are it is safe, deodorize, and neutralize plus great for the environment.
- Cream of Tarter
- Essential Oils are amazing for the benefits and the aromatherapy. Extracted from plants, trees and flowers; oils are antibacterial, anti fungal and antiviral. A few of my favorites to clean with are lemon, tea tree oil and pine. Tea Tree Oil are great at removing mold/mildew and is antimicrobial, which basically means killing germs. Lemon essential oil is great in cleaning dirt, grime and detoxification of the home. Lastly, pine essential oil is fresh and give a sparkle to your home.I used Lemon, Tea Tree and Pine
- Garbage Bags
Using Essential Oils to Naturally Clean the Bathroom
In this paragraph, I will discuss that most cleaners in the stores can be expensive and contain lots of chemicals that will break the bank. With only a few ingredients you can naturally clean the bathroom in 15 minutes safely and efficiently.
First, cleaning with essential oils is highly effective in sanitizing.
Secondly, using conventional cleaners are toxic to your home containing harsh ingredients and are not safe for the environment.
Everyday cleaners found on the shelves of you local store can pollute the air, contaminate the water and soil by running down the drain that will trigger migraines and allergies.
Next, using what you have already around the house such as baking soda creates alternatives to cleaning your home naturally.
Thirdly, using a few ingredients along with some great essential oils you can disinfect and clean your home successfully.
Moreover, essential oils help to prevent viruses and bacteria around home.
In conclusion, we will make a few cleaners that are safe, affordable and have an uplifting aroma.
Essential Oils to Use to Naturally Clean the Bathroom
Tea Tree Essential Oil is a great oil because it is anti everything!
This Essential Oil is anti-septic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral.
Pine Essential Oil is fresh and give a sparkle to your home. This essential oil is awesome to bring the outdoors inside.
Lemon Essential Oil smells refreshing and awesome for cleansing the home. For Degreasing and Disinfecting Lemon Essential Oil, I grab often.
Steps on Naturally Clean the Bathroom in 15 Minutes
Shower and Tub: First, to clean the shower, I sprayed the area with a Homemade Heavy-Duty Soap Scum Remove and let sit for a few minutes while I clean the rest of the bathroom. Next, I took a scrub brush, cloth and squeegee and quickly clean any soap scum and germs.
To clean the bathtub I use my Homemade Whitening Soft-Scrub Paste by scrubbing into the tub, let it sit and then rinse away.
Toilet: In the toilet I use a toilet brush from Scrubbing Bubble and swish the inside of the bowl.
Mirrors and Sinks: I use Lemon Essential Oil Glass Cleaner to clean the mirrors, and stainless steel.
Countertops and Sinks: To clean my bathroom sink I just spray and wipe using my Homemade Natural Surface Spray.
Trash Cans: I take the trash out and clean the outside with the Lemon Essential Oil Glass Cleaner.
Floors: I give the rugs a good shake outdoors and, in a bucket, filled with vinegar I mop quickly and wipe the outside of the toilet area.
Homemade Heavy-Duty Soap Scum Remover
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of Castile soap (need enough to make a paste)
- 10 drops of pine, lemon or tea tree essential oil
In a bowl combine baking soda, Castile soap and essential oil. Mix to combine creating a paste.
Next, apply directly to your bathtub and/or shower using a cloth or scrub brush.
Let the homemade heavy-duty soap scum remover sit for twenty minutes.
Finally rinse and wipe away with a cloth, sponge and or squeegee.
Homemade Whitening Soft-Scrub Paste
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tarter
- 1 Tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide
- 2 drops of pine essential oil
Mix together cream of tarter, hydrogen peroxide and pine essential oil to form a paste. Apply the homemade whitening soft-scrub paste to the bathtub and let sit for ten minutes.
Next, scrub and rinse away.
Homemade Natural Surface Spray
- White Distilled Vinegar
- Filtered Water
- 10-20 drops of your preferred essential oil; I use pine essential oil
First, fill a spray bottle with half water and then white distilled vinegar.
Second, add your choice of essential oil.
Lastly, give the bottle a good shake and spray on a surface you are trying to disinfect and clean.