Our skin is biggest organ and skin care is important, the best essential oils for glowing skin will promote firm, smooth and radiant effects.
The Best Essential Oils for Glowing Skin Video
Tips and Tricks for Glowing Skin
As we age there are many things that us woman have to think about such as menopause. Our skin production of collagen and oils decrease and without these two things our skin cannot stay firm, smooth and radiant.
I have been practicing a few tips through the years and without them I differently see a difference. Here are my top tips on maintaining beautiful glowing skin along with some amazing homemade skin care products.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate I cannot express this enough. Our skin cells thrive on water and need replenishing. If you are dehydrated your skin will be dry, tight and wrinkly. I recommend at least 6-8 glasses a day!
- Stress, yuck how can we avoid this? Cortisol, a stress hormone will trigger inflammation which will decrease your collagen making you look old, practice regular exercise on a daily basis to decrease stress. Also, find ways to keep your life balance such as finding a spiritual practice.
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize very important throughout our lives but in our 40’s so important. Imbalance and dryer skin is typical as the skin ages. Your skin needs to be replenished daily from your face down to your toes. Look for moisturizers that heal the skin making it more supple.
- Eat your way to a Glow. Eating a well-balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables is essential for glowing skin. Try to incorporate vitamin C like strawberries, papaya and broccoli. Vitamin C supports collagen production and stimulate healing. Eat foods high in Omega-3 fatty acids such as walnuts, salmon, flax seed and avocados will strength your skin cell elasticity. Try to limit foods high in sugar and carbohydrates like bread, pasta, soda, cakes, etc.
- Sunscreen and protect yourself from our Sun. As we age our estrogen levels decrease and because of this are skin can be damage easily. Sun burns will become frequent as you age if your skin is not protected. Wear a nice brim hat along with a good sunscreen when out in the sun.
The Best Essential Oils for a Glowing Skin Breakdown
Frankincense Essential Oil l has an earthy, grounded scent. Anti-Aging, spiritual and the oil from the bible. If you want to get in touch with the atmosphere and inner piece this oil is for you.
Lavender Essential Oil is a popular, gorgeous purple and green herb. I love the different benefits of Lavender and the beautiful floral fragrance is my favorite. Lavender is very relaxing and calming, and I use it everywhere including my bath soak and on my dryer balls.
Lavender clears the air and the mind while providing a gorgeous scent.
Using lavender will keep the mind calm and the heart happy while providing a tranquil environment.
Cedarwood Essential Oil is a woody’s oil filled with benefits such as hair growth, provides a restful night and can be used as an insect repellent. This essential oil is considered a sedative and anti-inflammatory.
Lemon Essential Oil is a beloved oil and absolute around the house. This Essential Oil is uplifting and very refreshing. This Essential Oil, I like cleaning with such as a degreaser and refresh any area.
Myrrh Essential Oil is a sweet, earthy oil that moisturize the skin and encourages a healthy glow.
Carrier Oils for the Best Glowing Skin
Almond Oil~ This oil is very popular and used often by many. This oil is a soft yellow and rich in protein. Almond oil can soothe, sooth, hydrate skin and great for all skin types. I love to use Almond Oil in scrubs, lotions, etc. because it helps with dry, itchy skin and inflammation.
Jojoba Oil~ Jojoba oil is yellow in color and is great for an astringent. I love using Jojoba Oil for most of my beauty regimen. I love using this oil to remove makeup because it moisturizes my eyes and eye area.
Castor Oil~ Castor oil can help with growth and renew of hair, skin, and nails.
Fractionated Coconut Oil~ Fractionated Coconut Oil is a melted version of the coconut oil you use for cooking. You will not have to worry with fractionated coconut oil when using it in beauty care of it melting because it is already broken down to a liquid form. Regular Coconut Oil is great for cooking and perfect for much more. Fractionated Coconut Oil is great for skin care because it gains moisture however, it can be greasy if you do not give it time to absorb.
Olive Oil~ Olive oil then it is loved and used by many. Many homes across America have Olive Oil in their kitchens. Olive Oil is green in color and great for rheumatic conditions. This oil is a staple when cooking helps soothe burns, sprains and many injuries. I love using this oil for many beauty items I make to help with aging and dry skin.
DIY Lemon Essential Oils for Glowing Skin Facial Scrub
I love a good facial scrub but, they can be expensive; so, it got me to thinking I wonder if I could make one that smells amazing, exfoliate and makes my face looking fresh and bright. Well, after several test I think; I master this facial scrub that meets all my criteria. The sugar gently exfoliates and removes dead skin cells. The manuka honey improves the texture of my skin. The lemon essential oil refreshes and the frankincense revitalize and balances my skin out.
- 1/2 cup sugar (I use an organic cane sugar)
- 1 /4 cup fractional coconut oil (any carrier oil will work just fine)
- 10-12 drops of lemon essential oil
- 8-10 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 1 jar for storing (the jar picture I got at Michael’s Craft Store for $1 but, any 2-4 oz jar is fine)
- 1 tablespoon manuka honey (you can use any honey if you like)
- wooden spoon to mix
- large bowl
- a label (I made mine simple on my computer with clip art)
In a large bowl mix all ingredients and scoop into a glass jar. To use massage a small amount into your hand and apply to face and neck in a circular motion. Avoid eyes and lip area and clean with cool water. Use this scrub 2-3 times a week’s!
DIY Essential Oils for Glowing Skin Make Up Remover
Eye Make Up Remover can be very expensive and not worth the money when you find out you can make it for next to nothing! A lot of Make Up Removers that are sold are filled with harsh chemicals and ingredients. This homemade Eye Make Up Remover is simple will last a long time and is affordable. Both lavender and cedar wood essential oils are great for strengthening your eyelashes.
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 oz of jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- 15 drops of cedar wood essential oil
- 2-4 oz glass jar with a pump
In the glass jar careful add all your ingredients and give a good shake. To use the remover simple with a cotton ball or round pump 1-2 pumps on to the ball or round and gently wipe your eyes.
How to Make an Essential Oils for Glowing Skin Shaving Oil
This DIY shaving oil is excellent for shaving your legs, I gain tons of moisture and it is very anti -aging and perfect for a nice shave. The olive oil in this “Shaving Oil” is perfect for dry winter skin and the castor oil help minimize signs of aging.
In a bottle ADD the following ingredients:
- 2 ounces of Olive Oil
- 1 ounce of Castor Oil
- 5 drops of Vitamin E Oil
- 12 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Myrrh Essential Oil
Give a good shake use every time you need to shave your legs. Men can also, use when shaving their face.
Leave a Reply